Archived Pilots and tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are stores that test out different processes and such and was curious as to what types of things are being tested currently in our stores.

That is for the Home department as well as Electronics and Entertainment, correct?
Yup. Some stores will also be getting self checkout, mannequins, and toys next generation, or just one of them or some combination of them. Health Services Rooms have been scrapped for all future cycles due to the pending sale.

That is for the Home department as well as Electronics and Entertainment, correct?
Yes. Also adds self checkout and some type of pharmacy remodel to some stores.

I would think Ship from Store is still an up and coming process. Heard something about curbside pickup a while back. Also, whatever that Project VIPER was.

Ship from store and enhanced ship from store are taking place during some of the innovation remodels as well, but the SFS and ESFS rollouts are separate remodels with their own budget.

The Starbucks that get the ovens also counts as an innovation thing

Yup. Some stores will also be getting self checkout, mannequins, and toys next generation, or just one of them or some combination of them. Health Services Rooms have been scrapped for all future cycles due to the pending sale.
Do you know anything about the toys next generation?

Yup, we got or will get most of that stuff, including the health services room.

Toys next ten splits some of the aisles in toys. Lowers some gondolas. More interactive displays. More brand boutiques. Nothing too major.

I would think Ship from Store is still an up and coming process. Heard something about curbside pickup a while back. Also, whatever that Project VIPER was.
Ship from Store is into its 2nd phase of stores. Our store has been selected for this 2nd phase, due to our location.

SFS is well beyond Pilot phase and is here to stay. It will soon be in many stores (I think over 400) and they have been absorbing increased volume in target.com sales for a while now. The only way to stop SFS at this point would be to build a new fulfillment center.

SFS is well beyond Pilot phase and is here to stay. It will soon be in many stores (I think over 400) and they have been absorbing increased volume in target.com sales for a while now. The only way to stop SFS at this point would be to build a new fulfillment center.

ugh our store is way too small to have ship from store there is no room

Pull segmentation is still going strong at my store. Over the last couple weeks, they had us counting all the outs-per-aisle in high flow hours 3 times a day.. Took about 90 minutes from each of my shifts that I'll never get back.

I don't know if they moved it onto all stores or not but we have a focal in luggage.

Also, I heard that there's a really small number of stores that are testing Coke Freestyle machines in Food Ave (I want this one in my store like super bad)

A very small selection of stores are piloting a focal in sporting goods.
Any idea what that involves? What kind of merch goes on it? Our sporting goods is in the most inconvenient spot so I don't see a focal being a huge eye catcher for us.

We have 10 child sized metal carts. They're all silver with a long metal flag sticking out and you place a basket in the grill. I've seen adults use them too.

Any idea what that involves? What kind of merch goes on it? Our sporting goods is in the most inconvenient spot so I don't see a focal being a huge eye catcher for us.
The focal is primarily to showcase Fitbit products so section 2 does not change. Sections 1 and 3 are the usual weights, yoga mats and blocks, training gloves, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20150619_145210247.jpg
    IMG_20150619_145210247.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
The focal is primarily to showcase Fitbit products so section 2 does not change. Sections 1 and 3 are the usual weights, yoga mats and blocks, training gloves, etc.

how? how in thename of the red and khaki demons are your fittest not stolen already? we lose more to theft than we sell if they get put on locking peg hooks without spider wraps on them also.

We lost one or two Surges inline in electronics before we stopped putting them on locking peghooks. They were spiderwrapped and blistertagged and still stolen.

For the focal and our electronics endcap, I set them using only the cardboard placeholder cards you see in the picture. We don't keep actual Surges or Charge HRs on the floor except in electronics where they are filled to capacity. For regular Charges and Flexes outside of the wearable tech pog we limit them to 2 per location max and only blistertag them. Spiderwrap has not been necessary.

I would like to think being a pilot store for the focal is helping sales. Our Target Mobile reps are maxing out on their commission points every day from Fitbits alone and our department sales are up 20% for the year so far.

Last edited:
In another thread we were talking about big iPad-like price scanners around the store at the spill stations replacing the old ones. In the store I've seen them they have been removed and replaced with the old ones. Guess they're not ready for primetime.

In another thread we were talking about big iPad-like price scanners around the store at the spill stations replacing the old ones. In the store I've seen them they have been removed and replaced with the old ones. Guess they're not ready for primetime.

My guess? They had the target app on them, and too many guests would sign in, take 20 minutes placing an order and not sign out, leaving privacy risks and tying up a scanner for 20 minutes.

We've been doing pull segmentation as well as the MySupport beta test on the MyDevices.

Last year, we got mannequins and Baby360.

The Seamless Service Stations (or whatever they were called) aren't going to be a thing? I feel like they would've been useful in the morning when plano and instocks hog all the MyDevices.

Fixed.

Price change at my store is constantly begging for a PDA and flow never gives up it up. They keep saying "POG team do you have a MyDevice for price change / instocks?"

Our flow team is overnight, so we don't have to worry about them much. It just kills me that the entire plano team can be working in the same aisle (aside from whoever is doing endcaps and revisions), and yet each one of them has to have a MyDevice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back