Archived Project Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it's not coming to my store. Can't speak much for my district but haven't heard anything from other stores either.

I think it would work at my store. We already have just about everyone do a lot of things around the store. We are a ULV mind you so we have everyone stretched to try and know everything there is. Haven't heard anything at my store either. If I brought it up I don't know whether anyone would know what I was talking about or not.

At my store, closing backroom doesn't do it because they are busy pushing the CAFs, pulling price changes, and backstocking (if time allows). Usually, one of the overnight leaders comes in early to set up the line.

But yeah, who would be responsible for audits, item merges, and all the other backroom things? Would pricing pull their own batches before they ticket them?

Item merge? Yeah I do it when I do the drastic count report.. Cause that is how I find most of them.. Just walking the backroom. Yesterday it was q-tips.. 150 packages of them..

My store is switching from a 7:30 process to 6am. But our volume didn't go up at all...this have to do with viper?

Unload times are not defined by volume, your org chart tells you what time your unload will be. You could have 2 B stores one unloading at 6 and the other at 7:30 so although your volume didn't go up your org chart most likely did

So...everyone pulls-pushes-backstocks their own department, but what about general back room tasks? For instance...who gets stuck setting the truck line? Usually the backroom closer does that, and everyone else avoids it like the plague because it's a time-consuming task. Not to mention, it's usually met with nitpicking from the overnight ETL about how it was done.

If this would put someone in Dry Market I would be super excited..shoot..half the time I pull and backstock all my morning pulls anyway so I would actually be gaining help by this. Pfresh couldnt possibly be any worse that it is right now. I have been getting around 75 hours per week in my workcenter...because thats obviously enough time to get everything done while being an extra C+S push member on C+S push days and having to do backroom tasks beyond what should and is required.

When our hours went to normal after the huge ammount of hours given to launch pfresh we were over 100 easily. I can easily say I have had a 20-25% reduction in Pfresh Workcenter hours with at least a 10% or more increase in workload. And while Pfresh itself might not make all that much money, Market as a whole has a crap ton of sales and at my store is one of the top departments in total sales which means the zone gets destroyed faster and more attention is needed to it.

Last edited:
So I think this came to our store but it didn't come with an increase in payroll which means we have like two people shooting the whole store for outs. Backroom is still there to pull and push the batches but CAFs are gone. I don't really understand this process currently. Maybe things will improve as we get used to it.

So I think this came to our store but it didn't come with an increase in payroll which means we have like two people shooting the whole store for outs. Backroom is still there to pull and push the batches but CAFs are gone. I don't really understand this process currently. Maybe things will improve as we get used to it.

Keep us updated, please.

Shooting OUTS or Research?

This is coming to my store in the next two weeks or so. They are calling it a "Pull Segmentation Test." It's not VIPER as VIPER has been described by previous posters who were piloting it. It seems to me to only take parts of VIPER and alter them some what. Maybe this is the first step in an evolutionary change to full VIPER?

This is coming to my store in the next two weeks or so. They are calling it a "Pull Segmentation Test." It's not VIPER as VIPER has been described by previous posters who were piloting it. It seems to me to only take parts of VIPER and alter them some what. Maybe this is the first step in an evolutionary change to full VIPER?

Not Pull Segmentation!!! What is their obsession with this? All they are doing is changing the triggers on pulls (and making only some drop certain hours) to somehow try and maximize the productivity of our dayside resources. From what I have seen, all it does is rob peter to pay paul. They are just rearranging pulls in a hope it somehow gets worked faster... The problem is in our supply chain, and our inability to perfect just in time inventory. If they could perfect truck to shelf and maximize online sales (to relieve the stores inventory requirements and to apply a level of predictability to our ordering) it would save payroll dollars 100 times over what this pull segmentation junk is attempting.

We started testing Pull Segmentation (and a very slimmed down instocks routine) last week. Now, I may be naive since it just started but it legitimately seems to be working. The morning autofills have only been 4 hours so backroom is ready to jump on direct as soon as we're throwing the truck. To supplement, the ETL log has been dropping pog batches in light aisles and I'll normally scan anything that's light to see if it's in the back (perhaps it's for the best that they took away my LPDA). Backroom day is less burdened by CAFs so they've taken over responsibility for pulling pog pulls, which keeps pog on the floor, making aisles. It appears that less direct is coming off the truck and less is coming back off the floor, making me to believe trucks are actually coming in smarter.

It's still too new to tell if this is going to work but they haven't reallocated hours yet. Coming in after the first weekend of only 2 CAF rounds, I was pleasantly surprised that the store still looked pretty full. If they don't tweak the current system too much, I can see this going somewhere.

It's still too new to tell if this is going to work but they haven't reallocated hours yet. Coming in after the first weekend of only 2 CAF rounds, I was pleasantly surprised that the store still looked pretty full. If they don't tweak the current system too much, I can see this going somewhere.

2 CAF rounds? as in some CAF pull times are eliminated, and they only occur 2x during the day? Are they larger batches? Or are the trigger points changed, so there are fewer items to pull?

2 CAF rounds? as in some CAF pull times are eliminated, and they only occur 2x during the day? Are they larger batches? Or are the trigger points changed, so there are fewer items to pull?
The triggers were increased and half the fill groups can drop at 1 and the other half at 3. They didn't increase all that much and are typically 90 minutes worth of work. The morning autos dropped to 4 from 12 hours

I would have to see this in action to believe it will work. What store volume are you?

We're a high A super.. If our current trend continues, we'll be reclassified as an AA next year.

This new system is now at my store too. We were imformed that now us the backroom are going to pull and push our own CAFS. Both the 1s and the 3s! On non truck days we pull push our own autos then shoot exfs in the areas we are pushing, then pull them, then push them. Its a good system dont get me wrong but its not going to work if they keep kicking us out at 11. 5 hours really?

We're testing pull segmentation at my store as well. Our backroom team is already responsible for pushing CAFs, and now they're dropping POG fills and manual CAFs for light areas not replenished by the scheduled CAFs.

So what I am gathering is that Backroom will be pushing out the CAFs to the floor? or am I reading this wrong. Sorry little tired this morning.

We're doing the non-truck days BR pull/push/bs too. Two brtms scheduled 5.75 hours so the auto fill needs to be 5.5 hours or less for this to work. Of course that leaves no time for backstock, but has a brtm ever brought bs from a pull?

Heard something about a local store doing something like Viper but not exactly. Anyone hear of a new IS process incoming?

We tried a new system when they rolled out CAF segmentation. Basically, it was just super slimmed down with very few rigs and a lot less SL scanning. We used the test process for like two weeks, which was long enough for them to declare it junk and to move on.

Please let Viper be a thing. I predict it will be once the MyDevices have all the backroom functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back