Archived solid color pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one way of getting out of working on Black Friday. ^^^

Of course, it is called "BLACK"Friday. Maybe this year we can all go in wearing only black.

Hey, is this ETL still with Target?

Our store- knee length shorts, skirts-if work center appropriate, capris all go but different color than khaki? That might not roll at my store and we're pretty laid back.....

i've been wearing dark grey pants for the past 2 months now, i even talked to HR and the ETL said it was ok..he didnt seem too happy about it.
and i also wear a regular red v-neck, so it doesnt even look i work there..i just have my name tag so people now i work there.

did that already..but they were blue pants..they didnt like, they even tried to send me home. but i showed them the handbook and i worked my full shift.
just did it to prove a point..and now i've been wearing dark grey pants for about 2 months now.

Sorry to bump this but I did not want to create a thread for this.

I looking at these pants on target.com. They have some weird color names. These two colors, Desert Shadow and Oyster, are sort of similar khaki.

My question, which color is most similar to Khaki?

Here is the link to the pants I want to get http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-everyday-pleated-pants-assorted-colors/-/A-13868934#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=042+07+2270

They're both fine but the Oyster is very light and will show dirt quickly. Get the Desert Shadow

and i also wear a regular red v-neck, so it doesnt even look i work there..i just have my name tag so people now i work there.

What do you mean a regular v-neck? Do people never wear v-necks at your store? As far as I know, there's no rule about the style of shirt. I wear Merona ultimate Ts mostly, and I have a couple C9 ones from men's, 2 cherokee Vs from boys, thermal and hoodie from men's.

For shirts, team members at my store wear just about any red they can find. We have some interesting clothing choices. Definitely no dress code happening with the shirts aside from red and not showing boobs.

There was some ETL training on the computer recently... darned if I remember what it was called, but I remember specifically that team members in CA and WA can wear whatever color pants they want (solid) and cannot be sent home for or coached for choosing to do so. I have no idea why it's those specific states.

Those are the two states that if you choose not to wear a red shirt that day, they will give you a vest or something to wear. It must be in their state laws.

For shirts, team members at my store wear just about any red they can find. We have some interesting clothing choices. Definitely no dress code happening with the shirts aside from red and not showing boobs.

There was some ETL training on the computer recently... darned if I remember what it was called, but I remember specifically that team members in CA and WA can wear whatever color pants they want (solid) and cannot be sent home for or coached for choosing to do so. I have no idea why it's those specific states.

Yea I work at a Washington store and we can wear pretty much any solid color for pants. Girls wear skirts sometimes, and even black leggings and never get talked to. And as far as tops go, I've gotten away with wearing red flannel shirts and one of the red target vests open with a graphic tee showing underneath, and there's a lot of people that wear pink shirts instead of red.

Found out why for Washington state at least that Spot has to be careful about the uniform thing, wish more states had these laws.

If the required apparel fits into one of the above categories, regardless of color, it is a uniform, and the employer is required to fu rnish the apparel or compensate employees for the apparel.
If required clothing is of a common color and conforms to a general dress code or style, the employer is not responsible for the cost.
Only the following are considered common colors
Tops: white, tan, and blue (including light and dark variations of those colors).

Bottoms: tan, black, blue, and gray (including light and dark variations of those colors).
If the required clothing is any color other than those above, the employer must provide or compensate the employee for the apparel.

You notice red doesn't fall in the tops color spectrum although they could say tan would fit in the khaki range.

I caught this in the handbook as well, and it's almost an unwritten rule that all team members that are going to be interacting with guests are to wear the red shirt/khaki pants combo. There is something in the book also about "Team Colors".

It would be nice to be able to wear black pants. I am sales floor and when you are zoning you get really dirty from the shelves/merchandise, so wearing black pants would be nice, you would look less dirty.

Ever since they implemented the "no cargo pants" rule for pharmacy (which essentially eliminated a majority of the pants in my wardrobe), I've worn brown and olive and nobody has said anything (although I must admit the olive/red combo was HIDEOUS, I just wanted to see if anyone said anything)...trying blue and black next ;)

In our store, it has to be 'something in the brown family'. Pretty sure they wouldn't let us wear dark brown pants, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back