Starbucks Team Leaders

Nope. They're allowed to taste everything so they can describe it to a guest, but ideally that should be done with sampling or just taking a few sips, not with full drinks. Other than that - if you don't pay for it, you don't get it.
To enforce this I am going to look like such a dick. They already hate me cause i do things by the book

To enforce this I am going to look like such a dick. They already hate me cause i do things by the book
A few people quit as a direct result of my leadership when I got promoted. Then when I hired all new people, we quickly became the best Starbucks in the area. It was a blessing in disguise. I'm a stickler for best practice.

A few people quit as a direct result of my leadership when I got promoted. Then when I hired all new people, we quickly became the best Starbucks in the area. It was a blessing in disguise. I'm a stickler for best practice.
There is just so much wrong at my sbux. From TMs bringing their purses to the station to constantly checking their phones. letting shots expire. Not dating pastries and sandwiches.It’s exhausting watching them break every rule in the book. I am just going to go at themand enforce every best practice.

Before I started in Sbux, that was officially allowed. We were opened by a SM from a corporate store, and she told them that's how it was supposed to be. We got a new AP, and he asked around, and no other stores did it, and he had it stop. I would guess that there is a similar situation at your store. Nobody trying to get away with anything, just how it has always been.

Probably not. It's technically not theft, it's consumption, which is an HR issue, not AP. AP could help look at the tapes though.
I honestly wouldn’t mind mind. My store requisitions drinks for tms all the time. Its just that the sbux tms leave the drinks in plain view of guest , they drink infront of guest , they leave drinks near the espresso machines and other stations...

I need some advice here. This is a long one so I apologize in andvance. A little back story here; I was given the Starbucks TL position after it was eliminated at my store, so I am really in charge of two departments. Prior to this, one of the baristas, who I am really good friends with, had said she wanted the position when we found out the TL at that point would be leaving. We didn’t know the position was going away, so it was whatever. Well when I got it, I feel like she probably resented me a little bit, without actually saying anything. Anyway, I am at a point now where I feel as though she is taking advantage of the fact that we are friends, and my inability to say anything to her about her behavior because of some extreme circumstances. Training is going by the wayside, and we pretty much just threw 80 hours right into the trash. She wants them to reschedule time for more training, but she doesn’t understand that hours don’t just fall out of the sky. She refuses to check off their training in the packets because of this, so my DM is all in my business about it. Because I am not over there all the time, I need to rely on her to communicate to me what is happening with training, and she lied to me and said they didn’t get the right amount of hours. Many other things have happened, but this is one of the extreme ones. I hate that I am allowing our friendship to get in the way, but at the same time the circumstances make it nearly impossible for me to feel comfortable with talking to her about it. It upsets me that she seems to be sabotaging it because I got the position and she didn’t. I don’t think that that is how friends should act, especially in a professional setting like this. I could never in a million years imagine doing this to someone, and yet here I am trying my best to get this store out of a hole, and at every turn she fights me and puts me down. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry this is so long!

I need some advice here. This is a long one so I apologize in andvance. A little back story here; I was given the Starbucks TL position after it was eliminated at my store, so I am really in charge of two departments. Prior to this, one of the baristas, who I am really good friends with, had said she wanted the position when we found out the TL at that point would be leaving. We didn’t know the position was going away, so it was whatever. Well when I got it, I feel like she probably resented me a little bit, without actually saying anything. Anyway, I am at a point now where I feel as though she is taking advantage of the fact that we are friends, and my inability to say anything to her about her behavior because of some extreme circumstances. Training is going by the wayside, and we pretty much just threw 80 hours right into the trash. She wants them to reschedule time for more training, but she doesn’t understand that hours don’t just fall out of the sky. She refuses to check off their training in the packets because of this, so my DM is all in my business about it. Because I am not over there all the time, I need to rely on her to communicate to me what is happening with training, and she lied to me and said they didn’t get the right amount of hours. Many other things have happened, but this is one of the extreme ones. I hate that I am allowing our friendship to get in the way, but at the same time the circumstances make it nearly impossible for me to feel comfortable with talking to her about it. It upsets me that she seems to be sabotaging it because I got the position and she didn’t. I don’t think that that is how friends should act, especially in a professional setting like this. I could never in a million years imagine doing this to someone, and yet here I am trying my best to get this store out of a hole, and at every turn she fights me and puts me down. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated. Again, sorry this is so long!
Two aspects to this, there is your personal relationship and the professional one. You describe this person as your best friend, yet her actions are to the contrary. Maybe she was your best friend at some point, right now though ,if she cant support you in your role and back you up , then you have only one relationship left. Which is the professional relationship. You approach a professional relationship with no emotions, biases or prejudice. Treat her like you would treat any other TM. It will be tough in the beginning, but remember you are a Team Leader. You have to make certain decisions for the betterment of the team and frankly yourself.
I have learned a very valuable lesson from being a TL. You can be nice and friendly to a point. At the end of the day though, you have to be consistent and firm with EVERYONE.

You need to decide if you want to move up at Target. Sounds like right now, you are SBTL without market and not a Sr. There aren't so many of those positions left now. If staffing is why you aren't getting experience elsewhere, make hiring a priority. If you want to move up at Target, ask about being a Sr. If you are more interested in Sbux, talk to your DM. They are opening new Sbux at a quick pace. At Target in general, nobody really comes to you about your development, and in Sbux, it's even less common. Be the squeaky wheel. Dont ask for feedback--you know how well your team is doing--ask for experience.
You might not like being a leader at Target, SF or otherwise. Best case, you get some experience at it while you are still in Sbux. I believe that @Parthenope recently moved from Sbux to HL.

Yeah -- I recently had another move as well. I was at a point where sbux was running its self and needed more to grow (I wanted to grow w/ target) so I started taking the initiative and giving myself shifts out on the floor. I started running a sales floor closing night while being able to support my starbucks work center from the outside, which was actually really nice. Sbux never barley got enough payroll to have double coverage (my STL used to cut the hell out of us to support our high vol. store) Our store was a high volume but our sbux wasn't due to having another one in the same parking lot. So I knew if I was going to be noticed/recognized I needed to start making a global impact. Right now I'm a Senior A&A Team Leader. Softlines was at a point where they were falling apart so they moved me from hardlines to support softlines and keep my Senior role w/ it.

@GSSUPREME, I don't want to sound like Carol Brady here, but this does not sound like a friend. Either way, at work, you are her leader. Planoss is correct that you need to be a leader to the whole team equally.
I would suggest that you have a talk with her. Bring in another leader if you are uncomfortable with it. Find out how she views the situation and her actions. Stay objective, giving examples of what you have observed directly and through results. Set clear expectations for her future performance. Follow up and hold her accountable--just like you would with anyone else. It won't be easy, but I'm guessing that your work life isn't easy right now regardless.
80 training hours would get me 4 baristas trained, so I'm not really sure what did get done. Is she the only trainer? You should have at least 2 AST trained. Also, you can certify them. Put them through their paces and sign off on them.

Good morning does anyone know the sap number or the dpci for the “ recieved, manufactures expire, opened date , discard” stickers? Its a red,green and white sticker.

Back