Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t eliminate pog. Low volume stores only have payroll for 2 people in Hardlines and the pog team is only 3 people. Electronics and Hardlines people don’t have a clue what to do with fixtures. Heck Softlines set infant pogs without doing fixtures last week. Our signing guy had to go back thru today and install everything because Softlines was “too busy”. That was after he left the fixtures on a flat for them all week and the tl ignored it.

Lol my last store had a TL in hardlines just for seasonal.

Cosmetics is our highest sales per square foot in the store though. We also make solid margins on such products unlike grocery.

That is true, which is one of the reasons why they are so focused on it now.

We currently run beauty, electronics, market, softlines and home for tls. Each has other areas except market/ softlines but rarely touches on them except to do salesplanners. Its horrible, and even their focus area is shitty looking much of the time. Especially since beauty isn't two to open, two to close and a mid like it was over the holidays.

More ETL HR and ETL AP positions are eliminated and replaced with APTL/APS, and HRTM. (Streamlined)

TPS thankfully live to fight another year, as with the new swag coming in for us, I don't see them eliminating that position this year at least..

PMTs under going changes as far as the tools they can and can’t have. Anything welding is going away. PMTs can not order on behalf of the store anymore.

They are doing it right now in low volume stores. By combining the Market TL managing Market/Starbucks/Cafe. With mix to disastrous results based on TL's experience.
This. Our Market TL is also our FoodAve TL. She knows literally nothing about running cafe, hasn't ever done it before. Makes me wonder how she's gonna give our yearly reviews if she has no idea what we do and don't do over there. Last year the SrTL gave me my review, before they added FoodAve to the Market TL's list of duties.

PMTs under going changes as far as the tools they can and can’t have. Anything welding is going away. PMTs can not order on behalf of the store anymore.
Thank god. I'm tired of seeing what I'd consider to be property maintenance stuff come through my email because my PMT doesn't want to spend time actually maintaining stuff or hit her budget.

This. Our Market TL is also our FoodAve TL. She knows literally nothing about running cafe, hasn't ever done it before. Makes me wonder how she's gonna give our yearly reviews if she has no idea what we do and don't do over there. Last year the SrTL gave me my review, before they added FoodAve to the Market TL's list of duties.

I hate to say it but cafe doesn't matter. Everyone in cafe at my store is getting a 2. Our consumables team lead only goes to Starbucks.

PMTs are also transitioning into new uniforms. They can still use old ones until they wear out. There are more options too including a polo shirt option which hasn’t been an option since it was SBS.

"all Starbucks trained team members are needed at Starbucks for guest assistance" is my all time fav
"fast service needed at seasonal call button" and "this is your gift card replenishment reminder, who is responding" are also good

Guest service needed at photo finishing. Who is responding?

.......they had a return.

Or

Guest service needed at Food Avenue. Who is responding?

......it's 10:30 pm. FA closes at 8.

Any rumblings from the AP side? I haven't heard much and all I heard so far from the district are some new routine rollouts.

Any rumblings from the AP side? I haven't heard much and all I heard so far from the district are some new routine rollouts.

It is now against directives to use handcuffs for anything other than cuffing TPS to the front doors.

The only thing I’ve seen so far in my district is a few stores adding TPS hours, one store adding an APS, and one store losing TPS hours.

I'm super happy with the new Red Card policy. There is no tracking of who gets more red cards. Way too many awful cashier's were being esteemed simply because they are good at getting Red Card signups.

It specifically calls out

1. Calling it a "Rewards card." instead of a Debit or Credit Card.

2. Getting people who already have a card to reapply.

3. Telling guest to use a fake social.

4. Offering a discount for applying and not being approved.

Those who obtain Red Cards through sketchy means can be coached or fired.

That should be a firing offense. Do not pass go, right out the door, we'll mail you your last check.

Encouraging people to COMMIT FRAUD!?!? FFS.

I'm super happy with the new Red Card policy. There is no tracking of who gets more red cards. Way too many awful cashier's were being esteemed simply because they are good at getting Red Card signups.

It specifically calls out

1. Calling it a "Rewards card." instead of a Debit or Credit Card.

2. Getting people who already have a card to reapply.

3. Telling guest to use a fake social.

4. Offering a discount for applying and not being approved.

Those who obtain Red Cards through sketchy means can be coached or fired.

What do you mean by "no tracking of who gets more red cards"? I am tired of hearing if they already have a debit/credit then get them to open the other one. what is the point? How will the powers that be monitor all these? It is like the fox watching the hen house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back