Archived AE18 predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The focus will be on the behavior, not the result. If cashiers are engaging with guests about RedCards, guests will apply. There will still be a store forecast number, but no way of tracking who got how many.

So, you should see more about how to speak with guests and less about many reds you need to get.

Some disciplinary changes

Notably they got rid of the second final warning.

As silly as this sounds you can finally fire someone who is on a final warning after one more infraction rather than giving them a second final.
I thought that was always the case... final should be final.

Has anyone heard any updates about front end stuff (other than the crackdown on red card stuff)

I think the VM getting TL payment is nonsense but whatever.

I was one of the original Visuals hired on and I'm still at Target. I get paid senior pay because #1. I have 2 degrees #2. I understand the impact great visuals has on sales. So to those crying because of why we get paid more, many of us earned it. I'm tired of the constant whining and complaining. Don't like it? than you do it. It's just that simple. Don't want to do it? Then keep quiet or provide a suggestion to do it better. You all think visuals is just dressing mannequins and making things look pretty. It's not. An effective visual should spend most of their time delegating, researching, planning and executing. Our work goes far beyond what's happening in the store. A good visual will be knowledgeable on the current trends, educated on the competition and aware of the increase and decrease of sales. Just cause you think their doing nothing doesn't mean they are. Believe me when you take a negative comping department and make it positive, you'll understand the value of a visual merchandiser. And an end note to anyone reading this, softlines dominates most stores sales mix, therefore only 5% of a visuals time (unless you're an innovation store) should be dedicated to Hardlines. The money is in the clothing.

Last edited:
I was one of the original Visuals hired on and I'm still at Target. I get paid senior pay because #1. I have 2 degrees #2. I understand the impact great visuals has on sales. So to those cry of why we get paid more, many of us earned it. I'm tired of the constant whining and complaining. Don't like it than you do it. It's just that simple. Don't want to do it? Then keep quiet or provide a suggestion to do it better. You all think visuals is dressing mannequins and making things look pretty. It's not. An effective visual should spend most of their time delegating, researching, planning and executing. Our work goes far beyond what's happening in the store. A good visual will be knowledgeable on the current trends, educated on the competition and aware of the increase and decrease of sales. Just cause you think their doing nothing doesn't mean they are. Believe me when you take a negative comping department and make it positive, you'll understand the value of a visual merchandiser.

isp0mz3.gif

For someone who has two degrees, you have quite a bit of spelling errors.

And an end note to anyone reading this, softlines dominates most stores sales mix, therefore only 5% of a visuals time (unless you're an innovation store) should be dedicated to Hardlines. The money is in the clothing.

I'm sorry, then what do you think the softlines A&A team is supposed to do?

I was referring to the visuals and how they separate their time. They need to spend more time in A&A than they do Hardlines. Hardlines consist of POGs so Merchandising is almost unnecessary

I was referring to the visuals and how they separate their time. They need to spend more time in A&A than they do Hardlines. Hardlines consist of POGs so Merchandising is almost unnecessary

Are you not Home Inno?

To answer your first question anyone that considers themselves a good Visual should constantly be researching and observing what's happening in fashion. On and off the clock.

For your second question,
I am at a 2.0 hybrid store. It's a condensed version of the the innovation stores. So I don't have the huge home set.

To answer your first question anyone that considers themselves a good Visual should constantly be researching and observing what's happening in fashion. On and off the clock.

For your second question,
I am at a 2.0 hybrid store. It's a condensed version of the the innovation stores. So I don't have the huge home set.

If you're researching stuff off the clock for work, then you are a sucker. You are being taken advantage of.

Lemme get this straight. You sit down at a computer, on the clock, and research fashion?

Picking up a fashion magazine doesn't make me a sucker. Knowing what the color of the year is doesn't make me a sucker. Being aware of what people are wearing around me doesn't make me a sucker. Research doesn't mean sitting at a computer looking up fashion. It means when you walk in a store to by clothes you pay attention to the prices, the Merchandising, the selection. Are you gonna tell me you don't pay attention to anything when you live your life. You don't know what old Navy's logo looks like? You don't know what your favorite character on TV is wear? That sir is just ignorant and sad. Target is a career for me, I get paid more than some low volume ETLs so I take what I do seriously. Plus I love fashion, so even before target I looked at magazines, I read the blogs, I shopped everywhere. When you're passionate about something it's not extra work.

Target is a career for me, I get paid more than some low volume ETLs so I take what I do seriously.

There is no way you can convince me that you do more work than an ETL

thank god you don't work at my store.

I am convinced that VMs can get TL pay. They just should never never get SrTL pay like jesus fuckin' christ

Than you are a narrow minded low level team member. Do more research, dependant on your stores market, volume and experience sr. TLs can get paid more. Especially when you include the fact the ETLs are not capped at 40 hours. It's not even about doing more work. If you're smart enough to negotiate your pay believe me you'll get it. I know new hire useless ETLs making 15 thousand more than experienced ETL veterans.

We're an Inno store and the vml still spends less than an hour a week in home. Never touches seasonal except before big visits with outdoor living, etc.

Than you are a narrow minded low level team member. Do more research, dependant on your stores market, volume and experience sr. TLs can get paid more. Especially when you include the fact the ETLs are not capped at 40 hours. It's not even about doing more work. If you're smart enough to negotiate your pay believe me you'll get it. I know new hire useless ETLs making 15 thousand more than experienced ETL veterans.

Well I don't do work off the clock so at least I'm not a sucker.

I know new hire useless ETLs making 15 thousand more than experienced ETL veterans.

Funny you mention this. I know useless VMs make more than experienced SrTL veterans

We're an Inno store and the vml still spends less than an hour a week in home. Never touches seasonal except before big visits with outdoor living, etc.

yea that's some nonsense.

I know my VM tho is gonna have to spend more time in hardlines. We've got kitchen counters and kitchen tables (see below), two bedding tables, two bedding bookshelves, this thing called Gift 'n' Go, we're gonna have two bath tables and bath bookshelves, home inno of course.

5TziA3u.jpg

This is gonna be our small appliance section.

Hey you do you but everyone has to put in time if they want to move up at some point. I choose to go the extra mile and it pays off. Just don't be complain when you only make it so far. I'm not looking to be a visual forever or even stay at the company 30 years from now but it's a stepping stone and my methods have worked for me. But again negotiate, negotiate negotiate.

Than you are a narrow minded low level team member.

This arrogant look down on tm attitude is why most tms hate vmls.

Btw you're a team member too now.

[QUOTEss="Vm2015, post: 409751, member: 21714"]you're smart enough to negotiate your pay believe me you'll get it. I[/QUOTE]

Actually vmtls pay are capped. Etls can go over six figures so there really isn't a cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back