Archived High turn over = corperate looking at your store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there has been a rumor going around about how if our turn over gets any higher corp is going to start looking at our store. part of the reason being how fast people leavc combo with long time TMs also quitting. is there any level of truth to that?

wouldn't think so,in theory it is something they should worry about but the brain drain has been going on for so long it is hard to see anyone at corporate level start to care at this stage.

They just added turnover to store metrics earlier this year, so Idk that many of us would have had experience with the consequences. It's mentioned in this thread.

Turnover is just a reality of retail but yes Target does try to limit it (outside of seasonal). Depending on the size of your store -- the goal (adjusted for store size) is probably anywhere from 40-80 terms maximum (again excluding seasonal) for the calendar year. Some stores go way over that.

We have started asking all sorts of questions when interviewing trying to assess whether or not a candidate is planning to stay. We are actually green so far for turnover, and in Q4, everyone is hired as seasonal, so we will probably make the year.

I termed 5 people this week :(. All voluntary terms. We have 5 new people starting next week. It's a revolving door right now.

We have started asking all sorts of questions when interviewing trying to assess whether or not a candidate is planning to stay. We are actually green so far for turnover, and in Q4, everyone is hired as seasonal, so we will probably make the year.

Nice, we are about 19 or so under our goal but flow is always tricky.

I have to double check this but if seasonal hires are terminated for performance or they quit before January, it still counts as a term.

What happened to the person who held this position before I did? Well...
The HR TM before me got a banking job at a local credit union. 40 hours a week, every Sunday off. Benefits after 60 days .... . The HR TM before her was fired, not sure why. From what I recently found out most HR TM don't last longer than two years, so that worries me a little

DC checking in. TM retention has been a long time problem, at least in my building. Solution: Make almost of our new hires 'seasonals' so it doesn't affect actual TM retention. While most of the ones that do make it past their contract period (8 weeks, I think) do get hired to full-time status, it certainly sounds like a shady way to bypass metrics (if there is one for the DC).

The HR TM before me got a banking job at a local credit union. 40 hours a week, every Sunday off. Benefits after 60 days .... . The HR TM before her was fired, not sure why. From what I recently found out most HR TM don't last longer than two years, so that worries me a little

Ours got a job with a news channel. From what I gather its a good gateway job. Working in higher level HR requires experience in HR and we get some, we also get good administrative experiemce which can translate well outside of Target.

We've had I think 3... or 4 maybe SL TMs start in the last couple months and then abandon the job. I can usually sorta tell who won't make it. They spend their first shift asking about the hours and if it's always just 4 hour shifts or if it's like that because they're new. We also have people who've been there a long time quitting. And we had two etls quit after about 3 months. It's pretty bad.

Ours got a job with a news channel. From what I gather its a good gateway job. Working in higher level HR requires experience in HR and we get some, we also get good administrative experiemce which can translate well outside of Target.

That is very true! I have never had an office job and was a little nervous but exited when I was approached for the HR position. I am learning new skills which is great and possibly help me get a better paying office job in the future.

My store has anywhere between 1 and 4 terminations... per week. Worst I've seen is 5 in a day (hooray for job abandonment...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back