Archived Performance Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ if this was true, then it should’ve been clearly communicated in the review, both verbally and in the actual documentation. Which it wasn’t.
I hate how many people on here weren't told all of this. All of the info was sent to your stores. Direction was sent to deliver the news along with reviews.
Yeah, My ETL and ETL HR gave me a list with scores and I had to write the reviews to fit.
I have never been told what scores to give, nor have I been asked/told to change one.

I hate how many people on here weren't told all of this. All of the info was sent to your stores. Direction was sent to deliver the news along with reviews.

I have never been told what scores to give, nor have I been asked/told to change one.
Yeah me neither.

so still no word on when the $12 actually kicks in? It's just the merit raise for now, right?
It was on page 4 of my review. (Page 1 - review, page 2 - comments, page 3 - signatures, page 4 - base pay increase statement.

Increase Effective Date 05/16/18
Date Increase on Paycheck. 05/25/18

Editing to add that I was told it would go to $12 on that same pay period if your raise didn’t get you to the $12 mark - which mine did not.

Last edited:
This was storewide but my ETL and I are close and we only had a differing opinion on 1 review, a DIO that I would have given a DEO; they fully explained and justified why it was a DIO and I did come to agree with them after the explanation.

DEO 5% took me pennies over $12.

Last fall when we went to $11 I got a "bump" to 11.50. So myself and others who got the "bump" were expecting that to happen and it didn't. Also my ETL and ETL HR have no explanation for why we got one before and not now.

DEO 5% took me pennies over $12.

Last fall when we went to $11 I got a "bump" to 11.50. So myself and others who got the "bump" were expecting that to happen and it didn't. Also my ETL and ETL HR have no explanation for why we got one before and not now.

What work center are you in? The $.50 differential is based on your job title.

It was on page 4 of my review. (Page 1 - review, page 2 - comments, page 3 - signatures, page 4 - base pay increase statement.

Increase Effective Date 05/16/18
Date Increase on Paycheck. 05/25/18

Editing to add that I was told it would go to $12 on that same pay period if your raise didn’t get you to the $12 mark - which mine did not.

I didn't really look at my review for more than a few seconds. I'll have to go back and check.

What work center are you in? The $.50 differential is based on your job title.
Flow gets it here when we went to 6am process. Thankfully it finally got eaten for those who still had that bump, we've been 4am for 6yrs now so they were getting the full shift differential plus extra for the 4 months we went to 6am then 8am then back.

New I role TL that was delivered a DEO on my review but received ION because I’m too new to give a DEO?

I get screwed with the minimum bump either way so I didn’t put up a stink I about it
You wrote a self review, right? I leaned heavily on my pre-promotion wins, and used getting promoted itself as an achievement. I also, when negotiating my TL pay with HR accepted their offer contingent on my review bump bringing me in line with what I was demanding. It helped that I leveraged a poorly justified previous year’s review as well.

You wrote a self review, right? I leaned heavily on my pre-promotion wins, and used getting promoted itself as an achievement. I also, when negotiating my TL pay with HR accepted their offer contingent on my review bump bringing me in line with what I was demanding. It helped that I leveraged a poorly justified previous year’s review as well.
That’s the thing that’s dumb.... I was officially promoted at the end of December so my TL at the time wrote me a normal review since I was a normal TM all last year but obviously my ETL delivered it and what bugs me is if I’m being reviewed how I did last year then why can’t I get the review I deserve? I was told since the percentage effects my TL pay I have to get the review based off of my TL role which I’m too new to be reviewed in that role

That’s the thing that’s dumb.... I was officially promoted at the end of December so my TL at the time wrote me a normal review since I was a normal TM all last year but obviously my ETL delivered it and what bugs me is if I’m being reviewed how I did last year then why can’t I get the review I deserve? I was told since the percentage effects my TL pay I have to get the review based off of my TL role which I’m too new to be reviewed in that role
In reality it’s just at the discretion of HR and the STL. At most stores it’s obviously their prerogative to spend as little as possible on payroll. I’m guessing they figured you signed on at whatever hourly rate they figured you agree to that rate for the near term. It’s a tough one to fight because I don’t think there’s a best practice regarding it and if there is, it’s probably more in line with what happened to you than what happened to me. I started in role in November.

There's actually a good chance the actual dollar amount would have been lower if your score was DEO and based on TL pay.

Example
TL pay is $15/hr
DEO score got you a 5% raise which is $.75/hr.
That $.75/hr is prorated to being in role for one out of twelve months that you were in position by the end of the fiscal year.
Comes out to a $.06/hr raise.

I'm guessing you got more than a six cent raise so at doing the ION at TL pay for the fill 12 months was actually better for you.

There's actually a good chance the actual dollar amount would have been lower if your score was DEO and based on TL pay.

Example
TL pay is $15/hr
DEO score got you a 5% raise which is $.75/hr.
That $.75/hr is prorated to being in role for one out of twelve months that you were in position by the end of the fiscal year.
Comes out to a $.06/hr raise.

I'm guessing you got more than a six cent raise so at doing the ION at TL pay for the fill 12 months was actually better for you.
TL raise isn’t prorated based on time in role. At least not as a rule. I received DEO, 6%, about $1 raise. Promoted in November.

TL raise isn’t prorated based on time in role. At least not as a rule. I received DEO, 6%, about $1 raise. Promoted in November.

Good to know. That's how my previous company did it which was always hard to explain. Haven't changed any TL's in my work center in quite awhile to have to worry about it I guess.

I think it would depend on the store. Many here say that TMs that haven't worked a full year cannot get DEO, yet some here say they have gotten DEO despite that.

If it's up to the STL, I'd imagine some would feel the raise that accompanied the promotion justifies a lower rating (merit raise) come review time. After all, a promotion is often based on merit, so an increase in base pay due to a promotion could be thought of as a "merit raise" as well. So instead of getting DEO and 6% as a newly promoted TL, based off your performance as a TM, the promotion itself and base increase could be viewed as the merit raise.
I think it could also depend on what pay you negotiated when taking the TL role, and if there’s any room left for that to grow at that point in time.

I've been in the same work center for 4 years.

There were changes this year though. Logistics and GSA positions no longer have the extra differential. Doesn't matter how long you've been in the work center, only matters what the work center is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back