Archived Performance Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received my review, today. It could not have been worse. After almost two years of giving what I thought was my best, turns out to be worthless in the eyes of Target. The problem is, the review was more subjective than objective. I asked for evidence proving the performance scores. They couldnt come up with anything. It was all on the opinion of one individual. Im seriously contemplating exiting Target.

So sorry to hear this WW. And nobody has ever given you any sort of feedback until now? :(

I just received my review, today. It could not have been worse. After almost two years of giving what I thought was my best, turns out to be worthless in the eyes of Target. The problem is, the review was more subjective than objective. I asked for evidence proving the performance scores. They couldnt come up with anything. It was all on the opinion of one individual. Im seriously contemplating exiting Target.

Assuming the "one individual" that you refer to is your immediate TL, I would ask HRETL and/or your department ETL for some clarification. If your performance over the last year hasn't been addressed via "coaching" or other documentation, you should have received a DIO. It's middle-of-the-road..... you do what is asked of you.... no more, no less. Maybe the ETL Team can shed some light on your review score, since you weren't given a decent explanation by your TL. However, if you've been "talked to" or "coached" regarding your performance, attitude, attendance, etc over the last year..... then a ION would be the outcome. If you are praised regularly by your Leadership Team for going "above and beyond" every day... then your review would be DEO. Some people will tell you not to worry since every TMs pay will get bumped soon..... so the review doesn't really "matter". But I understand that you're looking for validation for your work. Hopefully someone can give you those answers.

Personally, I do not care for the review process at MY store. It's vague and not "individualized"...... but that's just my opinion.

After almost two years of giving what I thought was my best, turns out to be worthless in the eyes of Target.

That's Target. If you expect something from that then you will always disappointed.

I'm never disappointed with Target. I know exactly what it is and I live with it.

I strongly believe that if you are surprised at your review, your leader has failed you. No one should be surprised what their score is. If your performance is to acceptable you should not find out at review time. Your leader should be communicating to you throughout the year how you are doing, what you are doing well and what you need to work on. This is exactly why Targets review process is a big fat joke

Neither have I. I assumed it's because of my limited availability, though. I haven't seen my GSTL in weeks, just GSAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back