I'm Lost! Reviews

Anyone still waiting on their reviews?

Me. My TL called me back about a month ago to do mine but when she was going through the papers; tl realized the etl forgot to print mine. So a month later and I'm still waiting. Our etl is in the process of leaving.

Me. My TL called me back about a month ago to do mine but when she was going through the papers; tl realized the etl forgot to print mine. So a month later and I'm still waiting. Our etl is in the process of leaving.

You don’t need an ETL to print your review. Your TL can go into his workday and print your review himself. All TLs got a link to their TMs review in workday.

Many years. I never paid attention to the reviews. It was usually, here, sign this. Everything was always the middle option. (meets goals). Asked about this last year and they said no one gets the highest one, always room for improvement. Blah, blah. Reading now though they only have a certain number of exceeds goals (or whatever you call it) to give out. I'm always told I'm fast, go above and beyond, etc. But at review it's just 'average.'

I suppose it doesn't mean much in the long term. My state and Target will soon both be at $15. At that point it's pointless to stay on.

You don’t need an ETL to print your review. Your TL can go into his workday and print your review himself. All TLs got a link to their TMs review in workday.
I was rated a 3 last year thios year I am getting a 2. The ETL and Gstl gave me that number. We got a new Etl and gstl. They have their favorites. I go above and beyond.

The idea that Spot has a top rating but no one is allowed to get it because there’s always room for improvement is bs. The top rating is for top performers, top performers should get the rating that they have EARNED, and the raise that goes with it, which they have also EARNED. As TLs we were told how many of each rating we could give out and who would get them. In all my time at Spot I was only able to give the top rating once to a TM who deserved to get it every year, and that was only allowed because that TM was retiring soon after. I have come to look at reviews as self-fulfilling prophecies, since frequently that’s what they turn out to be. Top performers who receive average ratings become demoralized and their performance can suffer, same for average workers who are not recognized for meeting their goals, not to mention the effect on team morale that this farce inflicts yearly. My team lost one of the best new hires we ever had because leadership forced us to give this outstanding performer an improvement needed (or whatever the lowest rating was called at the time), because he was new. That high performing young TM was devastated and quit soon after. If Spot is too cheap to pay for performance, then just be honest about it and sever reviews and raises. Give everyone the review they truly deserve and a fair cost of living increase, since the current system appears to screw over the many to the advantage of the few, very few, pets of leadership who frequently have earned very little besides the favor of their bosses.

I know I will sound like a braggart, but I got a 5 last year. My TL raved about me during my review. My raise was negated by the minimum wage increase, of course, but I was very grateful for the praise, and it made me feel very appreciated.

This year I have a new TL but from everything that's been said, I think they appreciate me just as much as my old one did. Any raise I may get will again be negated by the minimum wage increase though, I'm sure.

I worked for a Fortune 500 company in a very technical scientific position for 15 years. Yearly reviews or as they termed them, appraisals were weird. If the manager didn't like you, your shoes, your family life, your successful child you were fucked regardless of your talents. Your ability to generate solutions for complex issues were expected and unless your nose was brown clear to your eyebrows you were not on the top of the bell curve with regard to raises. Very little turnover though, the money was outstanding and the bennies couldn't be better. Work life balance wasn't bad either. Targets system of reviewing employees is a sham. Wow...a 75c increase? Fantastic, thank you very much.

75 cents? What is this, Saks? Don't think anyone's getting 75 cent raises around here, unless they're getting promoted.

I know I will sound like a braggart, but I got a 5 last year. My TL raved about me during my review. My raise was negated by the minimum wage increase, of course, but I was very grateful for the praise, and it made me feel very appreciated.

This year I have a new TL but from everything that's been said, I think they appreciate me just as much as my old one did. Any raise I may get will again be negated by the minimum wage increase though, I'm sure.
5 huh ? At what company did you get that 5? Because target only had up to 3 even last year

1. Delivered EXCEPTIONAL Outcomes
2.Delivered Important Outcomes
3.Important Outcomes Needed
I’m a team leader though plus 5 years in, as a tm just 3. Curious if warehouse, corporate, or possibly executive have a different rating system?

5 huh ? At what company did you get that 5? Because target only had up to 3 even last year
Oops, my bad, somewhere I got the idea that it was a 1-5 scale. Was told during my review that I received the highest rating.

I’ve gotten the top score the last 4 years. Own your workcenter, show that you’re improving it, and I cannot stress this last part enough - make your Leader’s job easier. If you can make your Leader’s (and possibly other Leaders in the process) they’ll love your efforts and they will remember. A little asskissing might not leave the best taste but with the extra money I’ve earned I can buy some mouthwash lol

Exactly JAS!

Hey, I understand frustration and discontent, I can bitch up a storm with the best, believe me. But the bottom line is, we work for Target, Target doesn't work for us. We aren't doing them a favor by gracing them with our presence, they are doing us a favor by giving us a job. With the job market in my area, I am grateful every day.

How are reviews given again? I heard TL gets together and give the scores they agree on and ETL approves or modifys after or something like that. Has it changed?

Two years ago my TL delivered my review to me telling me I got the highest and then when she flipped to the last page saw that I was just the middle one. She apologized a bunch and was clearly very shocked. She even showed me the original document she had written about me, but apparently ETL or STL went in and changed it because we “had one too many in that category and I was there the shortest amount of time.” Lmao

The funniest part of it was ETL or SD went in and changed a few categories from DEO to DIO, but changed my attendance from DEO to ION when I’ve never called out, been late and routinely work later and come in when asked. I was like, “Yep didn’t even look at or think about a thing there.”

“had one too many in that category and I was there the shortest amount of time.” Lmao
The things senior leadership does to make the numbers come out right, reality be damned. Review scores should not be like spinning the roulette wheel, throwing the dice, or shorting Peter to pay Paul. Funny how the store team members’ performances never seem to quite fit into Spot’s predetermined little box of numbers...🙄

Two years ago my TL delivered my review to me telling me I got the highest and then when she flipped to the last page saw that I was just the middle one. She apologized a bunch and was clearly very shocked. She even showed me the original document she had written about me, but apparently ETL or STL went in and changed it because we “had one too many in that category and I was there the shortest amount of time.” Lmao

The funniest part of it was ETL or SD went in and changed a few categories from DEO to DIO, but changed my attendance from DEO to ION when I’ve never called out, been late and routinely work later and come in when asked. I was like, “Yep didn’t even look at or think about a thing there.”
I would've been livid!

I would've been livid!
Yeah, I was quite irked to say the least. If my pay raise wasn’t cancelled out by the min going up, I would have completely lost it. My TLs are very good to me and honestly they made me feel appreciated along with letting ETL/ SD know that they were not OK with it at all and that I deserved it. They were livid enough for me.

I mean, it also put my TL in a horrible position. Luckily, we have a great relationship, but if it was someone else... yikes. She was going through it like “obviously you know we love you and you’re great blah blah“ and then seeing random scores that didn’t make sense just to flip to the end and it be an entire different score. She felt soooo bad and you could just see the genuine confusion.

1. Delivered EXCEPTIONAL Outcomes
2.Delivered Important Outcomes
3.Important Outcomes Needed
I’m a team leader though plus 5 years in, as a tm just 3. Curious if warehouse, corporate, or possibly executive have a different rating system?
Warehouse is Exceeds expectations, meets expectations, and needs improvement, so basically the same thing. At least that’s what it was when I stopped paying attention. Warehouse worker, mechanic, packer pay/raises are set based on time served, so reviews don’t really mean much to most of us. There are positions where they do though, I think they write their own reviews and then it goes through a chain of people who edit it and figure out the raise.

Thank you for responding. I have been trying to look at things from all angles, always a work in progress. Sometimes it’s easy to comment based off emotion versus actual knowledge and some of the earlier comments on here basically tear down, attack people. Just because we work for Target doesn’t mean we are all treated or experience the same thing... that’s kinda why I’m here for help, Hope, to be inspired. And yes sometimes to vent to others who just know. Anyway..... thanks again.

Back