Archived solid color pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone notice the new employee handbook (dates 1/2013) states on page 15 that we are to wear red shirts and solid color pants (preferably khaki's). Note they say preferably NOT required like the red shirts. Has anyone seen anyone else wear a different color other than khaki???? :huh:

Has anyone notice the new employee handbook (dates 1/2013) states on page 15 that we are to wear red shirts and solid color pants (preferably khaki's). Note they say preferably NOT required like the red shirts. Has anyone seen anyone else wear a different color other than khaki???? :huh:

That isn't new. It was in the one I received when I was hired. I guarantee that would not go over well in my store.

I've worn a light brown, hard to tell it was not khaki unless I was side by side with khaki.

People started wearing black pants over the last year or so more and more at our store and no one complains. It was in the book that I received too that any solid color was acceptable.

People started wearing black pants over the last year or so more and more at our store and no one complains. It was in the book that I received too that any solid color was acceptable.

Is this when the store is open? I would love that! I get my khakis filthy when pushing...

Yeah, at my orientation back in 2007 and then again in 2009 they said black pants are okay as well

Our HR ETL sent an email that everyone will be getting a new handbook.

That is crazy, I don't think I have seen anyone ever wear any other color than khaki or brown. I wonder what would happen if I just walked in with black pants one day...

BTW, I'm guessing jeans are still not allowed? When we do overnight or flow comes in from midnight to 8:30 somedays during the holiday season, most people wear a red shirt and jeans and no one thinks twice about it. But I guess during working hours that wouldn't look too professional.

I am not a good person to answer that question. (my store allows khaki jeans, hoodies, hats, headphones for dayside backroom and overnight)

BTW, I'm guessing jeans are still not allowed? When we do overnight or flow comes in from midnight to 8:30 somedays during the holiday season, most people wear a red shirt and jeans and no one thinks twice about it. But I guess during working hours that wouldn't look too professional.

I worked overnight flow and we were allowed to wear jeans and everyone (men and women and even ETLs) was allowed to wear shorts during the summer months. Things like this may vary depending on your store's policy though.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have NO Idea where that line between "khaki" and "light brown" is. What the heck is the difference? My store wears everything from white pants to dark dark brown pants. Sometimes khaki material, sometimes dress pants, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's somewhere in the brown family.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I have NO Idea where that line between "khaki" and "light brown" is. What the heck is the difference? My store wears everything from white pants to dark dark brown pants. Sometimes khaki material, sometimes dress pants, doesn't seem to matter as long as it's somewhere in the brown family.

It's a line you know is vaguely there when you have crossed from one to the other, but no one is really sure what it is until it's crossed. And frankly, I don't think anyone really cares.

That is crazy, I don't think I have seen anyone ever wear any other color than khaki or brown. I wonder what would happen if I just walked in with black pants one day...

People might think you work your for Verizon Wireless. That is their company colors.

While I find red and khaki somewhat boring, I find red and black appalling. Maybe that's why no one wears that combination. ;)

While I find red and khaki somewhat boring, I find red and black appalling. Maybe that's why no one wears that combination. ;)

Considering red and black were the colors of my high school's arch rival, I tend to agree. lol

I checked the old handbook versus the new one.

The only difference is the statement regarding the shirt not having any logo on it.

so the change is that requirement has been removed. Nothing has been added.

A few years ago at my store, we had a GSA who wore brown pants a lot, and we has a salesfloor TM wear grey pants once or twice. A few months ago we had a different salesfloor TM wear leopard print skinny jeans, although I can't say I've seen her wear them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back