Starbucks Team Leaders

since you have the beverage resource manual, a barista the other day was saying extra matcha scoops cost more? I know if its something that already comes with it and they want more costs nothing but with matcha it'd be the same right ??

Did everyone get their menu boards with their signing kit? Mine is missing. I got the one that shows some sandwiches and that’s it.
Nope. Contacted LSR, got shipping info. Tracked it and turns out MY SIGNAGE GOT SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. My ice machine is broken along with my pastry/rtde case. Neither will power on. I still can't order product off special projects after mysupporting and escalating a week ago. I am missing frap chips, coffee filters, tall iced holiday cups, cold brew, blonde espresso, pumpkin spice pump..etc. still didn't get any of our stuff off SAP (paper towels, chemicals, freshness labels, garbage cans...) Our soft open is in a week.. .

Nope. Contacted LSR, got shipping info. Tracked it and turns out MY SIGNAGE GOT SENT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. My ice machine is broken along with my pastry/rtde case. Neither will power on. I still can't order product off special projects after mysupporting and escalating a week ago. I am missing frap chips, coffee filters, tall iced holiday cups, cold brew, blonde espresso, pumpkin spice pump..etc. still didn't get any of our stuff off SAP (paper towels, chemicals, freshness labels, garbage cans...) Our soft open is in a week.. .
I also didn't get all of that stuff, plus a ton more (and I'm assuming you have more, too). I checked the iStore and it doesn't look like tall iced holiday cups are even supposed to get shipped, so you're not alone. I'm surprised you didn't get at least one bag of cold brew - that's all I got in my initial autoshipment and I told them they need to send a few for future stores. Blonde espresso probably doesn't get autoshipped to any store, even if they have the second machine to support it; you'll just have to order it. I also told them about pumpkin spice pumps, and I assume the same will happen if they bring butterscotch back again in the winter. I had to order paper towels, freshness labels, trash cans, and a few other things, but I did get all of my chemicals autoshipped - EcoLab didn't install any of it (and still hasn't; we opened 3 months ago), but at least I got it lol.

I also didn't get all of that stuff, plus a ton more (and I'm assuming you have more, too). I checked the iStore and it doesn't look like tall iced holiday cups are even supposed to get shipped, so you're not alone. I'm surprised you didn't get at least one bag of cold brew - that's all I got in my initial autoshipment and I told them they need to send a few for future stores. Blonde espresso probably doesn't get autoshipped to any store, even if they have the second machine to support it; you'll just have to order it. I also told them about pumpkin spice pumps, and I assume the same will happen if they bring butterscotch back again in the winter. I had to order paper towels, freshness labels, trash cans, and a few other things, but I did get all of my chemicals autoshipped - EcoLab didn't install any of it (and still hasn't; we opened 3 months ago), but at least I got it lol.

I did get one bag cold brew but it got delivered ripped open. Grabbed a bag from another store for our soft open. Ecolab installed our set up with tubes for the bags but our pot and pan and sanitizer are powders now? New for me. They sent enough smallwares to open another store 😂. Gave alot of stuff to our sister store as a thank you for training my team. My sap orders were placed weeks ago and still nothing. I'm more worried about not being able to place a full order...was that an issue for you as well?

Yeah I had to do several emergency orders. I don't think I could actually place a regular order until around grand opening, even though they said it should have been working a couple weeks before soft opening. And then when I was finally able to place an order, Target had the wrong order due date, so it got submitted late every week - I'd place it on Tuesday or Wednesday and the myDevice said to do it by noon on Friday, but it was actually supposed to be noon Thursday, so I'd place an order early and it would come a week late. I don't even know when they changed the mechanics of ordering because years ago it would definitely get submitted within a few hours, regardless of when it was due; now Target holds it all up and submits it at once, probably to reduce invoices.

My 3 compartment sink also uses individual packets. They didn't install the other chemicals that go by the mop sink, though.

hopefully it comes to your store tomorrow. Usually my menu boards come shipped solo in a small box with them wrapped up in bubble wrap a couple days after my big signage box comes.
Hope I get it tomorrow. My DM said they can’t do anything to get them to me and to leave up the old ones if I have to.

Is everyone ready for tomorrow night? I did more prep than I've ever done before. Nearly every piece of cardboard is already in the baler and gone and most of the cardboard fixtures are put together.

Is everyone ready for tomorrow night? I did more prep than I've ever done before. Nearly every piece of cardboard is already in the baler and gone and most of the cardboard fixtures are put together.
No prep here, between Target Cafe and Starbucks I’ve been so stretched that all I could do was put all holiday stuff on couple of flats.... it’s going to be a long night, my plan is to put up signage and do as much as I can with merchandise, I dont think I’ll be 100% done, I am aiming for 80%... I’ll have only 1 TM with me, we are both scheduled to close and then begin the holiday setup...
What do you do with regular cups , like boxes of iced and hot cup you already have open, do you try to save those open boxes for after the holidays?

Edit:- how many cardboard fixtures are there? 😳

I usually try to condense the cases of regular cups if possible (putting them in the box upside down so I know which sleeves are which sizes) and then store them somewhere. I'll throw away/recycle any cups that are already in the cup holder at the end of the night.

There aren't a ton of cardboard fixtures, but they are slightly different than usual so it took a little longer to get them folded correctly, and I was glad I got them done today. I'll be doing it all by myself, but I'm starting right when I get in at 2pm to make sure I have plenty of time to get it all done. My DM made it sound like I should wait to start until after close, but that would give me a total of 2.75 hours if I started immediately when Starbucks closes and stayed until the closing LOD left, and then came back in when the opening LOD opened the door. I guess it'd be possible if I had another person or 2 with me but whatever.

I usually try to condense the cases of regular cups if possible (putting them in the box upside down so I know which sleeves are which sizes) and then store them somewhere. I'll throw away/recycle any cups that are already in the cup holder at the end of the night.

There aren't a ton of cardboard fixtures, but they are slightly different than usual so it took a little longer to get them folded correctly, and I was glad I got them done today. I'll be doing it all by myself, but I'm starting right when I get in at 2pm to make sure I have plenty of time to get it all done. My DM made it sound like I should wait to start until after close, but that would give me a total of 2.75 hours if I started immediately when Starbucks closes and stayed until the closing LOD left, and then came back in when the opening LOD opened the door. I guess it'd be possible if I had another person or 2 with me but whatever.
I am thinking of going in a little early to de-trash, and possibly put cups in 3 tiers or on green racks. Looking at the sirens eye on WB it looks like the background cubbies don’t change from current,(is that right?) we have those coffee cardboard things in ours.
I am guessing there will be an update that might require putting the 1lb Christmas coffees in there?

I haven't actually looked at the Siren's Eye yet. But based on the signage, it looks like there will be a basket of Christmas and a basket of Thanksgiving. 1lb Christmas will probably be in like 4 places though.

I haven't actually looked at the Siren's Eye yet. But based on the signage, it looks like there will be a basket of Christmas and a basket of Thanksgiving. 1lb Christmas will probably be in like 4 places though.
Do you have cubbies? Like open cabinets in the background on either side of your menu boards? I haven’t seen many Tarbucks with those... we must be an outdated store...

All holiday Merchandise unboxed.
All the Cardboard signs all assembled.
All Menu boards are up behind the fall Menus (quickly pull them up when time).
Feature Cubes and shelves cleared out with the Holiday Coming Soon Signs that came with the Fall Signage.
Secured a shelf near our self-checkout for addition space for holiday merchandise.
Secured 12 Red Aprons for my team to wear.
Updated Pull to thaw sheets with Holiday Food items.

My Leader and I plan to start setting after 6pm tomorrow (DM okay with this). So it should take us an hour, 2 hours tops. Third Holiday in Starbucks, 11th Holiday with Target. I'm ready /roar

Just have me and another barista scheduled to do an overnight together. Anyone get the recipe cards in? Didn’t receive any at all. Printed and laminated them for my team

For the stores that don't have any side cubbies or shelving...you're going to end up with a minimum 4+ boxes of extra cups. We decided we are going to cross-merch in our front lanes and we added an extra shelf on the larger feature cube. Pic included below. Yes we are missing our signage and no our cubes are not staying in that location.

P.s. Asuras....you are the leader we all aspire to be (I hope) no leader in my district uses Pull to thaw sheets and I frankly just don't understand them or have the time to make that a focus. I'm making my team compete against each other for aprons this year 😂

Attachments

• 20181029_165814.jpg
    20181029_165814.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
I have over 2 pallets worth of merchandise. Front end won’t let me have an endcap. Guess I’ll just sit on it till they yell at me for having product on a vehicle that won’t fit in my back room

It’d be nice to have an endcap but you really shouldn’t need one. There is always some extra product for when you sell through it. You should easily be able to get one facing of everything.

I've never put together SO much cardboard; felt like a 3-D puzzle marathon.
We have two tubs of detrashed merch & a 3-tier of sign cards, gift cards & small signs.
We've been doing a section & basket at a time throughout the day while we have enough baristas on hand to help with guests.
Guests have been watching & getting excited so it's been fun.

I started around 3 and got done at 1030. It's not flawless, but I feel good about it. I forgot to leave a note for the opener to make sure she knows about the seasonal pastries, but she'll figure it out. Or she won't, but I'll be in at 11 anyway.

Did you guys get the gift card holder for the feature cube? Also are we featuring Christmas blonde or Christmas dark(?)

Yeah I received the gift card holder, was super annoying to have it fit in the cube. Not finished have to come back at 4 to finish. We are featuring;Pike Place, Christmas Blend, Blonde Christmas Blend

Back