Archived Performance Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first review at Target and I felt it was low considering it's a leadership review.

(45 cents later) although I did get a 50 cent bump back in November.

Had my review. So excited that I’ll soon be making $12 an hour! yay?

On the one hand I’m actually happy to be making more per hour. On the other hand it’s annoying that someone who is brand new will be making the same as I will when I’ve been there for close to 4 years.

On the one hand I’m actually happy to be making more per hour. On the other hand it’s annoying that someone who is brand new will be making the same as I will when I’ve been there for close to 4 years.

Pretty sure there's a biblical parable for that.

Landowner needs a field worked, so he goes and tells everyone he'll hire them for a silver coin (or whatever) to work for him. Lots of people come early in the morning and work all day. Later in the day, when the work's almost all done, some more workers come up and are hired for the same wages as the earlier workers. The earlier workers are like WTF MAN NO FAIR WE'VE BEEN BUSTING OUR BUTTS ALL DAY but the landowner's like YO I PAY WHAT I PAY AND I PAY EVERYONE EQUALLY BRUH no matter how much you worked

anyway, the moral of the story is

Target is Jesus

or something, I don't know.

I share your pain, though.

To be fair - it was a pretty good review. I didn’t get any IONs but I thought I would have scored higher in a couple of catagories.

I love how at the end you get told that this review is private and you shouldn’t share the information with other team members. Because if you find out someone who is a slacker got the same review scores as you did there would be a revolt.

To be fair - it was a pretty good review. I didn’t get any IONs but I thought I would have scored higher in a couple of catagories.

I love how at the end you get told that this review is private and you shouldn’t share the information with other team members. Because if you find out someone who is a slacker got the same review scores as you did there would be a revolt.

On that note, just a reminder for everyone, Target, or any employer cannot retaliate, fire, or punish you for discussing wages. In fact, it's illegal to even suggest you not mention it. You're protected by the NLRA, and I encourage you to not be shy when asking about your raise.

Target is pretty straight forward with the DEO, DIO stuff. While I don't see a point in bragging, I don't see any point in keeping it a secret either.

Target reviews are a joke. Management has already decided how many of each category can be granted per store, and those writing the reviews must conform to those preset expectations. My first year as an ETL I wrote honest reviews and had every single one returned to me with the information that I had done it all wrong, and was basically told what I was to give each employee - just make the review match that. Total bullshit.

Target reviews are a joke. Management has already decided how many of each category can be granted per store, and those writing the reviews must conform to those preset expectations. My first year as an ETL I wrote honest reviews and had every single one returned to me with the information that I had done it all wrong, and was basically told what I was to give each employee - just make the review match that. Total bullshit.

The new minimum wage supersedes any score right now anyway for many TM.

Got my review today...worst one ever...1%.
I'm just about done.

I've got a friend working on my resume so that it contains the "buzz words" that will make my resume completely irresistible! OK....not completely irresistible, but certainly more eye catching that it is right now.

I think we are getting ours this week. I’m cautiously optimistic. I’ve busted ass this year.

Before anyone freaks out- If your new to the company you will likely get ION (important outcomes needed) though if your not new to the company or new to your role, you will likely be put on a performance plan if you get ION. To get Exceptional Outcomes Needed; it is extremely rare and most leadership will disagree to this rating. I have no clue why though but whatever.

Where the fuck is my review? April 10 and no reviews? The remodel means shitty raise.

I make $14 an hour, not including differential. But yeah the first raise I got was wiped out due to the wage shift.
Fucking bullshit. All these years and it doesn't mean anything to make more. Fucking newbies make more than us old schoolers. Target is stealing out of my wallet.

Ok, is anyone’s review dependent on kissing their TL’s ass?

My TL doesn’t like me in the slightest, and she heavily operates on having people “ on her side “, and “ doing what she wants “.

Only thing is she’s a total moron and is the worst leader ever.
So of course, me and her are gonna clash.

I feel that it’ll reflect on my review, despite me working my ass off everyday and doing every task as well as I can do.

Got my review today...worst one ever...1%.
I'm just about done.

I've got a friend working on my resume so that it contains the "buzz words" that will make my resume completely irresistible! OK....not completely irresistible, but certainly more eye catching that it is right now.

My raise was only 31 cents. If it weren't for the 12.50 I'll be making because of electronics, I'd be pissed

My store hasn't told us squat, or if they have they haven't done a good job getting the information to all of us (hard to believe, right...?)

A PMT friend at another store in my district told me that his store had a TL meeting a few weeks ago where the ETL-HR sat down and told everyone about what the $12 boost would mean for everyone that makes close to or over that, how merit increases would play out, etc.

My store didn't have that meeting (or maybe they forgot to invite me... wouldn't be the first time!) However, one of the other TLs in my store told me that the ETLs had similar discussions with each TL individually as they discussed the reviews for their teams. How convenient that they missed me again... I don't have TMs to write reviews for. :rolleyes:

Bottom line, my store is an absolute wreck and I earned myself an average "Delivered Important Outcomes" score, at 3.5% - a total merit increase cost of living increase of ~ $0.65.

My base pay went from ~$18.50 to ~$19.15. Still not a lot to show for my ~ 15 years of service to this company, but thankfully it is not my only job these days. It's going to mean even less when the starting pay bumps to $12. I'm not sure how the lower paid TLs in my store will put up with the $12 minimum starting pay. They are barely hanging on as it is because the past year in my store has been absolute hell. :(

My store hasn't told us squat, or if they have they haven't done a good job getting the information to all of us (hard to believe, right...?)

A PMT friend at another store in my district told me that his store had a TL meeting a few weeks ago where the ETL-HR sat down and told everyone about what the $12 boost would mean for everyone that makes close to or over that, how merit increases would play out, etc.

My store didn't have that meeting (or maybe they forgot to invite me... wouldn't be the first time!) However, one of the other TLs in my store told me that the ETLs had similar discussions with each TL individually as they discussed the reviews for their teams. How convenient that they missed me again... I don't have TMs to write reviews for. :rolleyes:

Bottom line, my store is an absolute wreck and I earned myself an average "Delivered Important Outcomes" score, at 3.5% - a total merit increase cost of living increase of ~ $0.65.

My base pay went from ~$18.50 to ~$19.15. Still not a lot to show for my ~ 15 years of service to this company, but thankfully it is not my only job these days. It's going to mean even less when the starting pay bumps to $12. I'm not sure how the lower paid TLs in my store will put up with the $12 minimum starting pay. They are barely hanging on as it is because the past year in my store has been absolute hell. :(
You think it's bad now.... heh, well, you got 9 years on me, you know.

Did you start as a PMT 15 years ago or promote?

Had my review. So excited that I’ll soon be making $12 an hour! yay?

Same... but I’ve been there for 10 years

So my Electronics TL is doing my review, but I could've swore that the Backroom TL was doing mine for when I was exclusively SFS. Very interesting

I gave one of my TMs that got promoted a 3 on their review. I'll be delivering a 2 to them soon. So, yeah. Target reviews are never reflective of your standing in the store, certainly less so than when we moved from 1-5 to 1-3 scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back