Archived Performance Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someday, a TM is going to hope the same for you.
I am beginning to suspect you are the worst that Target has to offer.
I do not wish you success, it seems like you are willing to take someone else’s success away to achieve yours.

Some of us actually have some shitty leadership. They don't even consider their tl job a success and dgaf about being better at their jobs or anything. If one of them has to fall for a promotion to come, I'm not gonna cry about it. The ones who are good, I usually root for them to be promoted... While still coveting their job (mostly the 40 hours, every other weekend, and health insurance).

I'm caustically pessimistic about mine despite busting my ass all year.

(By "you" I mean the collective "you", not you personally redeye58.)

As long as you are making over $15 an hour right now, if you keep getting 5% a year, you are golden.

I think that if you are less than $15 an hour right now, as these $1 steps keep happening, within 2 years, everyone in this catagory will be at the same rate. This includes all of the new hires.

Got mine today.

nY00zv0.gif

Do all stores automatically give TMs under a year ION? TL said I did great, but that all TMs that started around the holiday time got ION because we haven't had a year to "prove ourselves yet."

Salary shenanigans I get--I could totally understand not getting a raise (even if the $12 wasn't happening), but in my decades in the work force, I've never had a negative review. It rankles.

I was DIO last year and had only been with Target for 6 months. Haven't gotten this years review yet.

Do all stores automatically give TMs under a year ION? TL said I did great, but that all TMs that started around the holiday time got ION because we haven't had a year to "prove ourselves yet."

Salary shenanigans I get--I could totally understand not getting a raise (even if the $12 wasn't happening), but in my decades in the work force, I've never had a negative review. It rankles.

There's a limit to good raises based on sales so if people who have been there longer are as deserving, they might come first when it comes to deciding who gets the better review situation. The raise is tied to the review. But that doesn't matter this year because they're erasing all our raises with the 12+ bump so idk the reason. I don't know many people who got accurate review scores.

I was told something similar, but I got DIO not ION. My TL had zero suggestions on things I could improve, I got a ton of DEOs on the individual categories, no IONs, but because it was my first year, only DIO overall.

I wasn't sure if that was just a line or not since I thought the prorating would take care of the first year thing, but I figured worst case scenario they had a limit to how many people could be DEO and they were using those on people who had been there longer to maybe keep them over the minimum. Which I'm ok with since mine was probably going to get wiped out no matter what.

I did make sure to say that I was a bit disappointed to not officially be in the highest because I work hard, etc, and my TL said something like 'well you're already there, just keep it up and next year you will be'..

Not always. My first review at Spot I had 6 months in and got the middle rating, whatever that was on the old scale. However, my TL did make a big deal about that not being the norm.

I was told something similar, but I got DIO not ION. My TL had zero suggestions on things I could improve, I got a ton of DEOs on the individual categories, no IONs, but because it was my first year, only DIO overall.

I wasn't sure if that was just a line or not since I thought the prorating would take care of the first year thing, but I figured worst case scenario they had a limit to how many people could be DEO and they were using those on people who had been there longer to maybe keep them over the minimum. Which I'm ok with since mine was probably going to get wiped out no matter what.

I did make sure to say that I was a bit disappointed to not officially be in the highest because I work hard, etc, and my TL said something like 'well you're already there, just keep it up and next year you will be'..

And next year your raise will probably been absorbed by another wage increase, again. Rough for the ego to take, but nice to see in the paycheck.

We need to stop calling it a merit increase, because it is not. It has very little to do with how you performed actually. Anyone who has ever written a team member review knows that it may be changed due to "too many people" at the top. And I know I have heard "make it fit" more than once. I can remember getting ready to deliver a review and when I looked at the compensation sheet right before we got started and the score was changed. So I told the team member I had to verify something quick. I was told there were just too many people in the DEO category and a "few" were changed. I was also reminded to check the rest before delivery "just incase" I don't know what the answer is really. But I do think we need to find a way to accurately and fairly assess someone that is not tied to a # that you can have in each category in each store.

[QUOTE="GreasyGary. My TL had zero suggestions on things I could improve.

I did make sure to say that I was a bit disappointed to not officially be in the highest because I work hard, etc, and my TL said something like 'well you're already there, just keep it up and next year you will be'..[/QUOTE]

Yep, My TL said just about the same thing as yours did. She said "Keep on working, you are almost there."
What I want to know is where "there" is!

So even at this point my TL has no idea anything about bumping up to $12/$12.50, she expected it to happen in the fall. So I got DEO, 2.9%.

Still nothing supposedly they are doing all reviews by the 27th but so far not one person has gotten one :/

Every year that goes by it seems like it's more of an ass kissing contest to get the DEO score. I got DIO this year and a whopping +2.7% increase... These reviews are no longer based on who works their ass off, but who is liked better.

Every year that goes by it seems like it's more of an ass kissing contest to get the DEO score. I got DIO this year and a whopping +2.7% increase... These reviews are no longer based on who works their ass off, but who is liked better.
You can work your ass off and deserve a DIO. DEO should be for going above and beyond your role and responsibilities. DEO recipients should be people being developed or considered for promotion almost. One of our DEOs is next in line for a TL spot. The other would be if she had the availability. They truly act as business owners, just like TLs would.

Last edited:
I moved to Starbucks like a month ago and my TL got there like 2 weeks ago.

There's nothing to review unless they decide to evaluate my salesfloor work.

Just had my review. My leader hates me. I work my ass off at SFS as I'm am the main go-to-guy for it and the trainer. I also do a lot of pushing for the backroom/truck/hardlines on slow SFS days. She gave me a terrible, piss ass review. I always show up on time, I literally called in sick once in February, and always answered my phone to come in on my days off (because I need the dough). I still got an ION on the reliability section. I wanted to laugh so hard. Got a 22 cent raise. Yay? That's gonna help pay the bills. I threw the review away right when I walked out of the office.

Im a GSA and got a DIO. Brand new cashiers will be earning the same as me. The softlines and beauty team members i call for fast service all earn more than me and a cashier who got a DEO also earns more than me.

This is the joy of being a G S A.

DIO here my team and leadership in that line love me but boy does HR hate on my ass.. I wish I cared..

LifeSubject I understand. One of our Market peeps takes the ballsy award, she tore it up in front of our HR ETL and used her trash can to dispose of it. After reading what the ETL HR wrote.. I wanted to do that for the same reason but sadly ETL HR was not in yesterday..

I was told I got DIO cause i am new, and they couldn’t give me DEO even if they wanted to. Wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back